The Wadesboro Police Department will develop personnel and manage resources to promote effective partnerships with the community to improve the quality of life through the delivery of fair and impartial police services while maintaining an atmosphere of respect for human dignity.
The Department's two primary goals are:
- To develop a safer, stronger community where it is a safe place to live, work, and visit.
- To build effective community partnerships that protect and improve the social well being and security of all our citizens.
Our goals to accomplish this are:
- To address the wider causes of crime and the fear of crime.
- To promote a community where domestic abuse and the fear of domestic abuse is not tolerated.
- Encourage community cohesion
- Identify opportunities to reduce alcohol and drug misuse.
- Coordinate efforts with the City's Sanitation Department
- Ensure that each officer is sufficiently trained and educated.
The Wadesboro Police Department will be recognized as the standard of excellence in policing. The overarching values shall be openness, honesty, fairness, equality and diversity.