The Hiring Process
It is the policy of the Wadesboro Police Department to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified personnel in accordance with established Wadesboro Police Department policy, in accordance with applicable Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines.
All elements of the selection process for sworn personnel shall be based upon criteria and minimum qualifications that are strictly job-related. All elements shall be administered, scored, evaluated and interpreted in a uniform manner.
Any person employed as a Police Officer with this Agency shall:
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Possess a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent;
- Completed the NC BLET program;
- Not have been convicted by any state or by the Federal Government of any crime, for which the punishment could have been imprisonment in the Federal or State prison or institution; nor have been convicted of sufficient misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law; nor have been convicted of a domestic violence offense;
- Be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
- Possess good moral character as determined by the Applicant Screening Board and background investigation;
- Have an oral interview to determine the applicant’s appearance, background, and ability to communicate;
- Complete a psychological screening to determine the applicant’s emotional stability and psychological fitness;
Be found, after examination by a licensed physician or surgeon, to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect their exercising the powers or duties as set for in the job description; and Successfully complete the job related Field Training Program as provided for by this agency
All applications must be submitted in person, as the criminal & driver’s history waiver must be signed, and accompanied by LEGIBLE COPIES (NO ORIGINALS) of the following documents:
- DD214 Member-4 (for those with military service);
- High School Diploma; Official transcript bearing the graduation date; or G.E.D. Certificate;
- Official Certificate of satisfactory completion of the BLET.
- Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Card ;
- Valid NC driver’s license (depending upon residency); and
- Copies of any other job related documents you desire.
Applicants will be screened out at this point if they fail to meet any of the above criteria. Applicants who are screened out will receive an email or letter stating they are no longer being considered for the requested position.