How do I get copies of a police or accident report?

Reports may be obtained at the police department during the hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. There is a charge of $4 each for copies of Accident and Incident reports. For reports please allow 2-3 business days for a copy.

What if I'm in an accident?

If you are involved in a minor accident, no one is injured and the vehicles are drivable, move your vehicle to the untraveled portion of the roadway if possible. Cars left in the roadway contribute to traffic hazards. Call 9-1-1 and DO NOT leave until you have spoken to a police officer.
If you or someone is injured inform the 9-1-1 operator so that emergency help can be dispatched. If the other vehicle leaves the scene attempt to get the license plate number and a description of the vehicle and driver. Always remain calm.

How do I report a crime in progress?

A crime in progress is considered an emergency. Emergencies include crimes in progress or those that are about to happen, medical emergencies and crimes that have resulted in serious personal injury, property damage, or property loss. You should report emergencies by calling 9-1-1.

You should never call 9-1-1 for non-emergency calls such as:  inquiring if someone is in jail, asking for an unlock of your vehicle, asking for a phone number, warrant inquiries, to complain about your neighbor’s dogs barking, and other non-emergency situations. As odd as these sound they happen on a daily basis and you could be charged with misuse of 9-1-1. 

Close Menu